Angela and I

Angela and I

Friday, December 20, 2013

Bring in the Uke it will complete the groove...

"Tell him Angela and I don't want the two dollars back...just him."

Welcome to Angela and I - the story of one girl, one uke, and one big adventure.


Music has been my life, my love, and my air since before I can even remember.  I don't know when I started singing, but I certainly haven't stopped.  I turned from a hobby into a profession when I decided to become a musical theatre actress.  Well, I don't know if "decided" is the right word.  It just became what I was doing, and before I knew it, there was no other choice!  I can safely say that I am the happiest when I am singing and making music.  


A year ago I received the best Christmas present I've ever gotten...a ukulele.  It was love at first strum.  As a petite individual, the diminuitive instrument fit into my grasp as if it was made especially for me.  I quickly named her Angela (a tribute to one of my favorite musicals, "Hair", and my favorite TV show, "The Office") and began practicing.   She is my pride and joy and now I can't imagine going anywhere without her. 


In all honesty, this past year has been one of the most interesting and confusing ones of my life.  I have soared to new heights and hit rock bottom.  Dreams came true and nightmares became reality.  I lived in 4 different places and traveled hundreds of miles.  And now, I can definitely say I am more than ready for a new year to begin.  I 'm ready for my next adventure, with Angela by my side!  I plan to document my musings, mistakes, and music here...so join me as I find my joy, create what I love, and SING!!



2 comments:

  1. This is so Uke-ing awesome. And I'm ready to follow the journey! "A whole new world..." (Maybe too corny!)

    ReplyDelete