Angela and I

Angela and I

Sunday, April 6, 2014

The Cruellest Month


 April is the cruellest month,
breeding lilacs out of the dead land. 
Mixing memory and desire. 


Daffodils, sunshine walks, damp air, sudden showers.  Nothing can stop people from going outside and shaking off the winter blues.  I'm always amazed how many people are out and about around my neighborhood, all hours of the day.  We've clearly had enough of winter.  There is something so beautiful and so sad about spring time. It truly does mix memory and desire together into a strange restlessness which wells up inside of us as the days grow longer. I love this time of year, but it is a time of change and transition. I have always been a restless soul...always ready to move on to the next thing, and spring time always magnifies those feelings. Due to recent events, I have never been more ready to move on. 

                        


 You gave me hyacinths first a year ago.  
They called me the hyacinth girl. 
Yet when we came back, late from the hyacinth garden
your arms full and your hair wet
I could not speak
and my eyes failed
I was neither living nor dead
and I knew nothing
Looking into the heart of light. The silence. 



Shantih, shantih, shantih. 

No comments:

Post a Comment