Angela and I

Angela and I

Monday, May 19, 2014

Savannah Highlights

Before making my way to St. Pete to start working on "The Burnt Part Boys", my Mom and I went to Savannah to visit my brother!  I was incredibly excited to go because I've never been and I love being able to spend time with Andy.  The city totally exceeded my expectations!  I absolutely loved it...here are some highlights of how we spent our time there:


-Walking and exploring: I was immediately overwhelmed with how beautiful and historic the city was.  I could feel the spirits and stories everywhere, and of course the spanish moss hanging from every tree made it even more picturesque.  

-Dinner at Kayak Cafe .

-Ukulele jam sessions. 

-Daily breakfast at The Sentient Bean: This was definitely one of my favorite places we discovered.  Every morning we would walk through Forsyth Park and fuel up on organic, fair trade coffee and fresh, vegan baked goods.   Their iced coffee was delicious, and every day I tried a different pastry.  But all of that pales in comparison to the real treat - people watching.  What with SCAD students buzzing around, the natural foods market right next door, and vagabonds trying to give away litters of kittens across the street, you could spend hours there just observing. 


- Shops and Squares: We spent the majority of the afternoons walking around Savannah, exploring the different shops and the myriad of squares the city has to offer. We also walked around the cemetery which of course was a highlight for me. Mom scored some fancy salt at The Salt Table, and I was able to while away some time in a heavenly book shop called The Book Lady.
                                                  





-Savannah Sandgnats Baseball Game: This might have been my favorite thing we did!  Wednesday evening we went to a minor league baseball game (after waiting out the rain for a bit).  It was a blast and the Sandgnats won 6-1!!


- The Jepson Center Art Museum.


- The Owens-Thomas House.

- The Cathedral.

- Dinner at The Green Truck Pub.
- A trip to the beach.

- A stop at a fruit stand for boiled peanuts.
- Flannery O'Connor's childhood home.
- Happy Hour at Mellow Mushroom: They wouldn't take my hard earned Mellow Bucks. 
-People watching and sunshine soaking in Forsyth Park.

Savannah was so much fun...a huge thanks to Andy and Dawn for being our hosts for the week.  If you can't tell, I love travelling with my Mom.  We always have so much fun together and some how we never want to strangle each other.  So that's cool. 


St. Pete, here I come!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment