Angela and I

Angela and I

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Dreams and Songs to Sing

It's hard to believe that it has only been one week since the road to the Kentucky Rose officially began!  I feel like so much has happened!

Tonight is the next step...the official interviews with the judges.  Each Rose will have an individual session with the three judges, followed by a group interview with all seven of us.  While we're not dazzling them with our Irish charm, we will be chatting it up with the Celtic Association board members, sipping cocktails and nibbling on fancy appetizers (a preview to the catered meal at the ball on the 22nd). I have to look and act classy. I'm up for the challenge.

Thursday night the Irish of Lexington really got in the spirit of things at McCarthy's.  There was dancing, singing, and drinking galore!


Claire and I, the only two over 21 Roses (who woulda thunk I would be one of the geezers!) had a great time celebrating in preparation for the upcoming interviews! We even got some free Irish dancing lessons from the incomparable Allison Asay Duvall (Irish dance CELEBRITY).

 

The support I have recieved in this journey so far has been overwhelming.  My family and friends are behind me 100%.  I will be thinking of you all as I go into my interview this evening!


Make sure to mark your calendars for March 15th - the St. Patrick's day Festival!  It will be at the 5/3 pavilion downtown.  Festivities are all day and the parade is at 1pm.  Make sure to stick around after the parade though...after I get off the Rose float, I'll be singing with Liam's Fancy!  Here's a video of me singing with them on Thursday!  


Best of luck to Claire, Alison, Cami, Madison, Harley, and Anna Joy!  We're going to knock their socks off, ladies. 
Happy Saturday!  What are your weekend plans? 

No comments:

Post a Comment